Best Views of Niagara Falls Last Updated: March 11th, 2023
Shared between Canada and America, this spectacular landmark is often sought out by travellers. But where do you find the best view of Niagara Falls, Canada?
As one of Canada’s most popular natural attractions, Niagara Falls has been attracting visitors for more than a century. Some even consider it one of the world’s natural wonders. It is a very beautiful place and a very popular place to visit, both on the Canadian side and on the American side.
As you may know, the falls split the border between Ontario, Canada, and New York, USA. You can view the falls from both the American side and the Canadian side but, in our humble opinion, the best way to see them is from the Canadian side.
This is where you can get up close and personal with Horseshoe Falls, the most impressive of the three falls that make up Niagara Falls. Horseshoe Falls is the one you’ve all seen in photos. However, there are also American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls.
Niagara Falls Facts
Before we get into how to get the best shows of the falls, I wanted to share some cool facts about Niagara Falls with you.
- The 3 waterfalls (Horseshoe, American, and Bridal Veil) combine to produce the highest flow rate of any waterfall on Earth.
- The largest vertical drop is over 50 metres (165 feet).
- Niagara Falls are a major source of hydropower, producing a lot of electricity.
- Although the force of Niagara Falls is controlled, they let it go strong during the popular summer months, when up to six million cubic metres of water flows over the crest each minute.
- Niagara Falls occurs as water drains from Lake Erie into Lake Ontario.
- If erosion continues at its current rate, scientists believe that Niagara Falls will be gone in approximately 50,000 years. Get there fast!
- Roughly 30 Million people visit Niagara Falls each year.
- People have gone over the falls, despite it being illegal to do so. Some have even survived, but many were injured or killed.
- People have tight-roped across the falls. First in 1859, and again in 2012.
- Niagara Falls is one of the most popular things to do in Ontario.
As you can see, Niagara Falls has been a source of inspiration for years. Whether that inspiration has been to go over them and survive or simply kick back and enjoy the wonderful views.
If you do make it to this beautiful area, there are many different ways to see Niagara Falls.[Read more…] about How to Get the Best Views of Niagara Falls