Your privacy is critically important to Must Do Media and Must Do Canada. Must Do Media / Must Do Canada has a few fundamental principles:
- Must Do Canada and Must Do Media does not ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (Must Do Canada and Must Do Media can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- Must Do Canada and Must Do Media does not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- Must Do Canada and Must Do Media does not store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- In our blogging products, Must Do Canada and Must Do Media aims to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
If you have questions about accessing or correcting your personal data please contact us.
It is Must Do Media and Must Do Canada’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Must Do Media and Must Do Canada collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Must Do Media and Must Do Canada’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use its website. From time to time, Must Do Media and Must Do Canada may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Must Do Media and Must Do Canada also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on WordPress.com blogs.Must Do Media and Must Do Canada only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to our websites choose to interact with Must Do Media and Must Do Canada in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Must Do Media and Must Do Canada gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, Must Do Media and Must Do Canada asks visitors who sign up for a blog at WordPress.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Must Do Media and Must Do Canada – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Must Do Media and Must Do Canada collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction withMust Do Media and Must Do Canada. Must Do Media and Must Do Canada does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Must Do Media and Must Do Canada may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. Must Do Media and Must Do Canada may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However,Must Do Media and Must Do Canada does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
3. An important part of the CSC Program is using data analysis, research and marketing programs to maximize benefits of the Program to Members. CSC takes great care when collecting and using Member personal information. CSC, its subsidiaries and Partners abide to the principles of personal information protection in accordance with the Act: Accountability, Identifying Purposes, Consent, Limiting Collection, Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention, Accuracy, Safeguards, Openness, Individual Access, Challenging Compliance Guidelines.
4. CSC collects certain contact information during registration for the Program. Additional personal information is collected based on Member participation in the Program, including purchase activity, activity through the Websites and related mobile app, and other Member data in accordance with Member Profile selections.
5. CSC uses personal information to admit you to and run the Program. CSC also uses personal information to prevent fraud as well as to research and understand Member interests, so as to more efficiently and effectively communicate Member offers and Marketing offers.
6. CSC and its Partners share personal information in order to run the Program, to prevent fraud, as well as to conduct research and understand Member interests, and to let you know about offers, benefits, products and services that may be of interest to you. CSC’s Partners protect all information provided to them, and use it solely for purposes related to the Program. CSC collects personal information for specific, limited purposes, and does so by fair and lawful means. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, CSC collects the following personal information:
(a) We collect contact information when you register for the Program. This information is used to complete your CSC transactions, respond to your inquiries, and for general marketing purposes, or as otherwise indicated
(b) If you enter a contest or other promotion, we use your personal contact information to administer the contest or promotion including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners;
(c) We collect purchase history and a list of promotions offered to you, in order to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may develop and market better products and services;
(d) We collect, use and store your location history to establish your location, to improve your experience and, from time to time, to send you information, such as offers, that is most relevant to your geographic location;
(e) We may use personal contact and history information from time to time to contact you about changes, enhancements or other notices related to purchases you have made or about CSC’s Partners. If you have given us your prior consent, we may use this information to send you offers or information from us, our affiliates and from selected advertisers (“Marketing Offers”). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the procedure set out in our opt-out policy (see below);
(f) If you choose to opt-out of any use of your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy, we keep your contact information on a list so that your request can be honoured. If you complain to any of our departments, we collect your contact information and the nature of your complaint, for the purpose of investigating and responding to you; and
9. If additional personal information is to be collected, and/or is to be used or disclosed for other purposes, where applicable, CSC will seek your consent to such collection, use and disclosure.
10. CSC uses various and appropriate technological measures and trains its staff to prevent unauthorized access to and/or disclosure of your personal information. If the information is no longer required, it is destroyed or rendered anonymous in a secure manner.
11. Personal Information needs to be collected and used to maintain you as a Member in the Program; however, once again, you can opt out of the collection and/or use of personal information for other purposes. This includes opting out of receiving marketing materials from CSC and/or its Partners. This can be done by contacting CSC using the information provided below. Additional opportunities may be provided within communications to Members from time to time. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, CSC will not share, sell, rent or trade your personal information with other parties except as provided below:
(a) We may share your information with our Partners–
We provide Partners with information on CSC customers who have purchased or inquired about the services of such Partners. Sharing this information may allow a Partner to contact you. We specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability for the actions of such Partners. While we inform them that they are only permitted to communicate with you for the limited, applicable purposes, we do not have any responsibility for the actions of the Partner.
(b) We may share your information with authorized third party service providers –
(c) We may share your information in a business transfer –
(d) We may share your information for our protection and the protection of others –
12. CSC seeks consent to use your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy. CSC obtains your express opt-in consent to use or disclose sensitive personal information. However, CSC reserves the right to use and disclose your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law. An individual may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If, for example, you do not wish to receive any Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by clicking on any “unsubscribe” link in any Marketing Offer, or by direct email to email@example.com. Such communications and all other inquiries related to privacy matters may also be directed to:
#305, 1915 26 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta T3E-2A2
All complaints or inquiries further to the CSC’s procedures and practices relating to the handling of personal information will receive a response from the Operations Department in verbal or written form, within five (5) business days upon receipt of a complaint or inquiry.
Purchased, Lost, Stolen or Damaged Membership Cards
13. For details of your CSC Card purchase please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. CSC does not replace lost or stolen cards, nor do we provide refunds of any kind.
15. If you have a damaged CSC membership card, a replacement card may be issued at CSC’s sole discretion.
Termination, Changes and Breach
16. CSC may change these Terms and Conditions, any aspect of the CSC Program including redemption procedures or any benefits in any respect, all without notice and even though changes may affect the availability and specifics of any benefit previously available or potentially available under CSC. For current Terms and Conditions and other Program details and information, visit mustdocanada.com.